The 2021-2022 orange crop forecast for the São Paulo and West-Southwest Minas Gerais citrus belt,
published on May 27, 2021 by Fundecitrus, in cooperation with Markestrat, FEA-RP/USP and
FCAV/Unesp, is 294.17 million boxes (40.8 kg or 90 lb). Total orange production includes:
• 51.37 million boxes of the Hamlin, Westin and Rubi varieties;
• 16.87 million boxes of the Valencia Americana, Seleta and Pineapple varieties;
• 84.66 million boxes of the Pera Rio variety;
• 107.07 million boxes of the Valencia and Valencia Folha Murcha varieties;
• 34.20 million boxes of the Natal variety.
Approximately 26.09 million boxes are expected to be produced in the Triângulo Mineiro.